The 83 Weeks Podcast is a wrestling podcast hosted by Eric Bischoff and Conrad Thompson. Bischoff is a former wrestling executive who served as the President of World Championship Wrestling (WCW) from 1993 to 2001. Thompson is a podcast host and wrestling historian. The podcast covers a wide range of topics related to wrestling, including the Monday Night Wars, the history of WCW, and current events in the wrestling world.
- Eric Bischoff: Bischoff is a former wrestling executive who served as the President of World Championship Wrestling (WCW) from 1993 to 2001. He is credited with helping to turn WCW into a major competitor to the World Wrestling Federation (WWF). Bischoff is known for his controversial booking decisions, which often led to ratings success for WCW.
- Conrad Thompson: Thompson is a podcast host and wrestling historian. He is the host of several wrestling podcasts, including Something to Wrestle with Bruce Prichard and Grilling JR. Thompson is known for his in-depth knowledge of wrestling history and his ability to get detailed information from his guests.
- Episode 1: The Beginning: This episode is a great introduction to the podcast. Bischoff and Thompson discuss Bischoff’s early career in wrestling and his decision to take over WCW.
- Episode 200: The Monday Night Wars Part 1: This episode is the first of a two-part series on the Monday Night Wars. Bischoff and Thompson discuss the early days of the Monday Night Wars and how WCW was able to gain an early lead over the WWF.
- Episode 300: The Monday Night Wars Part 2: This episode is the second and final part of the two-part series on the Monday Night Wars. Bischoff and Thompson discuss the end of the Monday Night Wars and how the WWF eventually won the ratings battle.
- “A must-listen for any wrestling fan.” – Wrestling Observer Newsletter
- “A fascinating look behind the scenes of the wrestling business.” – The Ringer
- “A must-subscribe for any fan of Eric Bischoff.” – Pro Wrestling Torch
- “A great way to learn about the history of wrestling.” – 411Mania
- “A fun and informative podcast.” – WrestleZone