Born April 29, 1970
Uma Thurman first slid into my view as Mia Wallace in Pulp Fiction and though I have not been as obsessed as Tarantino, I do tend to seek out movies that she is in. There is something raw about the way that she delivers dialogue and action. It makes her interesting to watch.
- Pulp Fiction – Again, first thing that I saw her in. I love her as Mia. The reaction when she is stabbed in the heart by the needle the huge intake of breath – perfect. Also, I love how nervous she tends to make Travolta.
- Batman & Robin – Thurman is the best villain in the bunch in this movie. She makes a great Poison Ivy. The movie as a whole was completely over the top but she was excellent as a villain.
- Kill Bill 1 & Kill Bill 2 – The Bride. I don’t know that I need to dig much further into it. Thurman is The Bride and she does, in fact, kill Bill.
- The Producers – No one else could have played Ulla opposite Balistock and Blom in the musical version of The Producers. You really want to see Thurman take on more musical roles after you watch this.
- My Super Ex-Girlfriend – Not the best thing she has ever been in but I dig it. Thurman has superpowers, her boyfriend breaks up with her – that was a mistake.
Desperation is the perfume of the young actor. It’s so satisfying to have gotten rid of it. If you keep smelling it, it can drive you crazy. In this business a lot of people go nuts, go eccentric, even end up dead from it. Not my plan.