Born April 7, 1964
- The Quick and the Dead – I LOVE this movie. Crowe plays a former gunslinger forced to be one again. He is in a quick draw competition set up by Gene Hackman. Maybe not his best role but a flick that I love.
- Gladiator – Crowe is Maximus! Great period piece set in the Roman Empire. Ridley Scot at his best… maybe? This role got him an Oscar.
- A Beautiful Mind – A biopic about John Nash. Crowe plays Nash. Tear jerking and it got him an Oscar nod.
- 3:10 to Yuma – Crowe is Ben Wade, the baddie in this western. I have watched the old one and the new one, they are both great but Crowe is the highlight of the movie. Though he and Christian Bale do play well together.
- Les Miserables – Crowe brings Javert to life. I know a lot of people did not dig him in this role but I loved it.
- The Nice Guys – Crowe plays Jackson Healy. I really loved this movie and Crowe needs to play funny a lot more often. He and Ryan Gosling need to play in Shane Black’s world a lot more often.
There’s an ease that I have living in Australia. The best things about Sydney are free: the sunshine’s free, and the harbour’s free, and the beach is free.