Born April 18, 1953
Rick Moranis has been a part of my Geeks World for as long as I can remember. From Ghostbusters to Spaceballs and beyond he has been a part of some of the biggest geek-fests in the world. I miss Rick Moranis but I get the fact that he is a single dad now and raising kids.
- Ghostbusters – This is one of my favorite comedies of all time. Moranis plays one of those secondary roles that is so outstanding that the movie would not have worked without him in it.
- Little Shop of Horrors – Seymour is one of the roles that I would love to play on stage. Rick Moranis made me fall in love with this character.
- Spaceballs – Moranis as Dark Helmet – “And I see your Schwartz is as big as mine…”
- Honey, I Shrunk the Kids – Completely dug this movie as a kid. Liked all of the spin-offs too.
- Splitting Heirs – Here is one you might not be familiar with. Moranis and Monty Python alum Eric Idle as kids switched at birth. Holy crap it is a funny movie.
I’m a single parent, and I just found that it was too difficult to manage raising my kids and doing the traveling involved in making movies. So I took a little bit of a break. And the little bit of a break turned into a longer break, and then I found that I really didn’t miss it.