This week… Procras10ation Episode 15 – The One Where Daniel Renews TV As We Know It. We are trying to bring back TV from the past. We are looking at TV shows that we would like to bring back. This week we look at Daniel’s Top 5 picks.
- Binge-ing ER – I didn’t remember Mark Green being such a dick. Romano is a dick but you know he is going to be a dick so it is ok. ER ran for 15 seasons. For real 15 Seasons. It started a lot of careers and there were a lot of cameos.
- Listening to the Relevant podcast they were talking about bringing TVs shows back from the past. We have decided to do the same thing.
- Shout out about the new Dark Tower TV series. It is on one of the cable channels
- Cartoon in the mid-90s called Reboot. They have reinvented this show.
- Jason sings a bit of The Internet is for Porn from Avenue Q.
- We could not think of Giovanni Ribisi’s name. Sorry, Mr. Ribisi.
- Thundercats – A new release of the classic cartoon show. Better animation, action-oriented and very stabby-stabby. We cannot think of the names of any of the villains. We know all of the names of the heroes for no reason at all.
- Knight Rider
- Daniel wants to reboot this as a real, serious show. No Hasselhoff. Modern cars – Fast and Furious style.
- Jason’s idea is to have the same car and Hasselhoff as he is now. There is a link between KITT and Siri on Michael’s phone. He has become a bounty hunter and it is really just failed bounty hunter attempts.
- The Wonder Years set in the late 80s and early 90s. The Wonder Years is a tough watch now. This is the Goldbergs without all the funny. This hits on all of the pieces of the end of the 80s and early 90s.
- Friends – This is a continuation of the series that ended 14 years ago. Ross and Rachel come back from Europe. Joey comes back from the West coast. Phoebe is living in Monica’s apartment. Chandler and Monica move back to the city with their kids. This could be huge. Joey is the only one with steady work but this could be much bigger. They step back into their lives… just 14 years later.
- The X-Men – reboot of the 90s X-Men cartoon. It was well written and true to the comics. The could dig back into the comics like the 90s version did. It ran for 5 Seasons and there was not a bad one in the bunch. Stick with a timeless animation style, make it 3D and keep the same voice actors.
Procras10ation Episode 15 – The One Where Daniel Renews TV As We Know It
Tell us what you think. Let us know what you want to see remade. Tell us what we got wrong and tell us what we got right.
Reach out to us and let us know what you think!
Catch up on past episodes of Procras10ation