Born April 16, 1965
I first remember Martin Lawrence as a stand-up comedian. After that, he made the move to the small screen and then to movies. The whole time, Lawrence has kept his sense of humor, his sense of self and he has continued to turn out projects that everyone can enjoy.
- Bad Boys – The first one is still the best. Will Smith and Martin Larence pull of the action flick buddy cop movie without any problems.
- Martin – This self-titled TV series was a huge success and ran for 132 episodes.
- Life – Lawrence teams with Eddie Murphy in this prison comedy that had a lot of heart and passion.
- Big Momma’s House – Lawrence is undercover as Big Momma. Gender-bending all the way to the bank.
- Open Season – Lawrence voices Boog the Bear opposite Ashton Kutcher’s Elliot the Deer. I am going to have to watch this again soon now.
You might see some of the movies that I’m in where there are shades of drama or whatever, but for the most part, I don’t get offered serious roles.