Geena Davis – Born January 21, 1956
I love and admire Genna Davis. She is an amazing actress and thoughtful human being, and one of those people that I think it would be fun to break-bread with. Just picking her brain on the topics of the day would be mind-blowing.
- Transylvania 6-5000 – This is an oldie but a goodie. Genna Davis is a vampire in this movie, vamping for all it is worth. Her scenes with Jeff Goldblum are hysterically funny and worth watching the whole movie for.
- Beetlejuice – Who doesn’t love Beetlejuice. A straight role for Davis but still a movie that I can rewatch over and over.
- A League of Their Own – In my top 100 comedies. Tom Hanks, Geena Davis, Madonna, Rosie O’Donnell – stellar casting and such a fun movie to watch. Genna Davis is the mother figure for the Peaches and this semi-true story becomes as heart-warming as it is fun to watch.
- Cutthroat Island – I know people hate this movie. I am not one of them. Now, I will confess that I will watch almost anything with a pirate in it but I like this movie. Not an award winner but still a hell of a good pirate flick.
- The Long Kiss Goodnight – DAMN! If you have not seen this you are missing out. Girl power all the way and Davis is flat out fantastic in this action thriller. Shane Black is the man and I wish that he and Geena Davis would make a sequel.
If you risk nothing, then you risk everything.