Born April 8, 1973
Emma Caulfield, playing Anya on Buffy the Vampire Slayer was just one of the many reasons that I loved that show. SHe was the humor, the passion, and part of the Scooby Gang – or at least Scooby adjacent. For the noteworthy, I would like to present some of my favorite quotes from Anya on BtVS.
- Why can’t you just masturbate like the rest of us?
- I know you like me. I’ve seen you looking at my breasts.
- And frankly, it’s ludicrous to have these interlocking bodies and not… interlock.
- I promise to love you, to cherish you, to honor you, uh, not to obey you, of course, because that’s anachronistic and misogynistic and who do you think you are, like a sea captain or something?
- I mean, I for one didn’t want to start my day with a slaughter.
- I don’t understand how this all happens. How we go through this. I mean, I knew her, and then she’s, there’s just a body, and I don’t understand why she just can’t get back in it and not be dead anymore! It’s stupid! It’s mortal and stupid! And, and Xander’s crying and not talking, and, and I was having fruit punch, and I thought, well Joyce will never have any more fruit punch, ever, and she’ll never have eggs, or yawn or brush her hair, not ever, and no one will explain to me why.
There’s no adventure in knowing the outcome of who you’re supposed to be with.