Born March 16, 1971
Alan Tudyk has embraced the geek over and over in his career. I will watch him in just about anything and go out of my way to keep an eye on what he has been in or what he has coming out soon. Below is such a small list of what he has done, I am leaving a lot out. Damn, I love Alan Tudyk.
- A Knight’s Tale – Tudyk plays Wat. He is one of William’s band of compatriots. Wat is the brash hot head of the group and one of the main reason that I can watch it over and over and over.
- Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story – Steve the Pirate. I don’t know that I need to say anything else. Tudyk played a guy who identified as a pirate.
- Tucker and Dale vs Evil – I LOVE this movie and I will watch it when there is nothing else that strikes my fancy. Tudyk is Tucker – a country boy that just wants to enjoy some fishing at his new cabin. Horror is close at hand and there is a lot of funny mixed in with a truly good plot.
- Wreck-It Ralph – Tudyk is King Candy and he is doing his best Ed Wynn impersonation the whole time.
- Rogue One: A Star Wars Story – As one of the big names in all of Geekdom, Tudyk made the step into the Star Wars Universe by voicing K-2SO one of the best droids to ever come out of that particular realm of space-based fantasy.
Reading is a heady thing. You can be into the action of someone’s thoughts and take a whole trip down someone’s ruminations while seconds tick by in the world that they’re in, but you can’t really do that in film.